Monday, May 9, 2011

THE NEW FAMILY.

When I returned to the camper last weekend I was greeted by a new family who had made a home above the light by the front patio door which is the way we get in and out of the camper. The new family was a mother robin sitting on eggs. Every time I went in or out she would fly away. I was going to move the nest to a tree but never got around to it.

This weekend when I returned I discovered that the eggs had hatched and there are three baby robins in the nest. I also noticed that dad had returned and both he and mom were busy bringing food to the hungry babies. Over a period of time mom got used to me and didn't fly away every time I went in or out. She just sat in the nest and watched me with a curious eye. I made my movements slow and talked in a gentle voice and maybe this relaxed her and made her trust me. The dad always makes a bunch of noise when I came near the nest to go in or out. The nest is located above the light which is about two feet from the door. I sit on the couch in the living room and watch to goings on and find pleasure in nature and my new family.

No comments: