Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TWO MORE DAYS AND THEN "BLACK FRIDAY"

I have had the pleasure if going out on a Black Friday morning only twice in my life. Once with my wife and once with my daughter who is a devoted Black Friday person for umpteen years. She studies the sale papers the day before and makes her games plan. Then it's early to bed and early to rise.Now that she lives in Texas she no longer has to stand for hours in the cold waiting for the doors to open and seeing the bargains of the year lined up on the store shelves. Racing down the aisles for that certain special item you stood in line to get only that the store only had 5 of and the person in front of you got the last one. There is no disappointment in learning this because you dash down another aisle to your next bargain picking up things along the way and wishing you had a motorized cart so you go faster.
I get up early that day and turn on the tv to watch as camera crews interview anyone they can grab on to and ask how is it going. The reply is always "WONDERFUL". What world are they in. You see, I do my shopping online starting at the stroke of midnight and then go to bed an hour later only to rise and watch the Black Friday shopper on tv while I'm drinking a hot cup of coffee and staying nice and warm.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments: