Friday, November 9, 2007

DRIVE THRU AT WALGREEN'S

Today I had to pick up medicine I called in yesterday at our local Walgreen Drug Store. I thought I would avoid going inside since I had my two granddaughters with me and it would be buy me this or buy me that, so to avoid that I went to the drive-thru. I pulled up to the window, the associate was there and saw me and walked away. This Walgreen's has two lanes for the drive-thru. A second car pulled up and the next thing I know the associate is talking the woman who just pulled up, and she knew this woman. They had a nice conversation of how are you, do you still live at the same place, how are your kids, this went on almost five minutes. Meanwhile I'm still sitting there. This woman was finally given her medicine and the associate walked away. I saw the call button and pushed it, not that I had too since she saw my van at the window. In all I was at that window 13 minutes. I thought drive-thru's were supposed to be quick and most of all take people in their proper turn. By the way this Walgreen's was in Schererville, Indiana.

No comments: