Saturday, November 3, 2007

HALLOWEEN PARADE

On Halloween day I saw the cutest thing anyone would want to see. It was a parade at my granddaughters school. I never expected so many parents, grandparents, friends and onlookers. We were lined up outside the school on the sidewalk. The line reached almost around the entire school. Everyone had their camera's and camcorders for this special event. At 1:15 the doors at letter L opened and the parade began. I never knew that the school had so many children. The filed out by grades starting with the smallest of children. They filed out and walked so fast one had to really keep an eye out to see their child. The costumes were fantastic. One line went to the left and other to the right ending at opposite sides of the building where the children re-entered. The whole thing lasted about half an hour. Just to see the smiles and happiness on these kids faces was enough to bring a tear to your eye. It was as if they were saying, look at me I'm something special, and they were. This was their day. It was wonderful. After they were inside they had their parties. I'm sure they all had a good time. I know I did.

No comments: