Saturday, December 22, 2007

NEW YEARS IN TEXAS

Since I haven't spent a holiday with my daughter Lorri in Texas for five years I think it's about time I did. Oh yes I did spend Easter and the Fourth of July with her and her family but I haven't spent the big one, the daddy of all holidays, that being New Years Eve to bring in a happier and better year. So to do this I am leaving the day after Christmas with Lorri's daughter, Angelica and Lorri's niece Delaney. In case you haven't figured it out, Angelica and Delaney are my granddaughters. 1234 miles with a 6 and 10 year old. Am I nuts? We will leave Wednesday and hopefully arrive late Thursday afternoon and leave the following Friday or Saturday because the girls start school on the 7th of January. We will have a second Christmas there also as well a New Years. Looking forward to seeing my daughter and enjoying the warm weather. You will hear about my trip while I am in Texas and also when I get home. Pray for good weather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do not think I would be able to take on that task alone. Maybe when I was younger. I applaud you and your love for your children and grandchildren, Love Dalene