Friday, December 7, 2007

A NIGHT WITH SANTA

Last night was a special night for the kids and my granddaughter at Protsman school. It was the night that you got to tell Santa what you wanted for Christmas and also for $3.00, have your picture taken with him. There was one boy, who when asked, said I don't know I'm still thinking. Santa gave him a little time to think and finally said I'll bring you a football. I didn't think Angelica still believed but I was glad to see and hear that she still does. That's great. She was bash full about sitting on his lap and telling him what she wanted.

At this gala they also had a Secret Santa Shop where the kids could buy gifts for mom, dad, grandparents and the rest of the family. These items were prices from 25 cents to 15 dollars. What a rip off. You could get the same thing at Dollar Tree for half the price. But I guess it's alright because the child is getting a surprise, even though mom and dad were there, for their family and it was from Secret Santa Shop. That's what Christmas is all about. They also gave out apple juice and cookies for free. This was a nice gesture. All in all everyone had a good time. I know I did just seeing the glow on my granddaughters face.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Aw, you bring back good memories for me! I still have the stamp holder one of the kids bought for me at the school store. I also have a cross necklace from the same store.